Instructor: Louis J. DeCaro, DPM
Course time approx. 59 minutes
Dr. DeCaro is proud to offer his NEXT INSTALLMENT of live zoom webinars from HIS ACTUAL treatment room. In this webinar he answers questions from practitioners around the country on EVERYTHING PEDIATRIC.
Some of the topics covered are:
- What is the appropriate fit of a littleSTEPS pediatric orthotic and a gait plate and what is your typical frequency of follow up for each?
- What is your approach to evaluating a patient who presents for flatfoot without pain or “asymptomatic flatfoot”? Do you change your evaluation or treatment plan if they are past a certain age?
- What role does genetics play in determining foot type and how early can that be applied?
- How do you decide about needing to go up "higher" on the ankle than staying with something under the foot/in the shoe?
- Why do flat feet and fallen medial arches often lead some children to be toe walkers or intoers?
- When and how do you decide if your pediatric patient is a surgical candidate?
- What role does a physical therapist play when you decide to advance or not a kid to the next size of littlesteps ?
Transition to Adult Foot
- At what age do you need to consider forefoot posting in an orthotic? What age is too old or too young for a littlesteps?
- Do you ever make QS smaller than the size 0? I have worked with a few kids whose feet have changed earlier but are too small for the QS so we have ended up going custom.
Louis J. DeCaro. DPM is a Podiatric Physician who specializes in pediatrics with a special interest in sports medicine and biomechanics for both adults and pediatrics. Dr. DeCaro is President of the American College of Foot & Ankle Pediatrics (ACFAP). He also shares a patent on foot types.
He is in private practice in West Hatfield and a member of the surgical & medical staff at Franklin Medical Center as well as Holyoke Medical Center.
Dr. DeCaro is the Director and originator of the Adult & Pediatric Gait Labs Biomechanics Clinic, which takes place biweekly at his West Hatfield office. It is a multidisciplinary clinic, which evaluates the most challenging of biomechanics patients, and helps to find them answers through orthoses and therapy.
Dr. DeCaro is an international lecturer on the topics of podopediatrics and biomechanics. Please visit decaropodiatry.com or email me at email@example.com for further information and/or questions.